Thursday, January 31, 2013

Unbelievable


After receiving this assignment I dreaded it all week, I didn't want to write about my life journals and blogs are about books and movies where I get away from my life. Plus I was convinced nothing exciting has ever happened to me I have lived in the same house for the past 15 years and the only vacation we go on is the beach every summer. My life is not unbelievable but there are a lot of amazing moments that to me are priceless so I guess amazing could be a synonym for unbelievable. Like I said I have lived in the same house for 15 years, we moved in when I was three and only old people lived here. When I started middle school the old people passed on and a bunch of kids my age moved in and these people are still my best friends to this day. It is a unbelievable that four kids with no more than a year age difference were all living within a block of each other. I still don't understand how we all ended up together. In fifth grade a girl and her family moved in four houses down from me. At first we started off a little rocky as in she told me she had enough friends and I ran home crying. I was a mature eleven year old. Fast forward seven years and she is now my best friend she comes over almost every day (my dad pays her to grade his papers but I like to pretend she comes for me). She puts up with the fact I can talk for hours about a TV show and even watches them with me. She fuels my supernatural addiction, over winter break we decided to watch all of season five. Thinking back it was possibly one of the best times we laughed, cried, and drank a lot of energy drinks but those twenty two hours were a little crazy. She actually just asked me to give her adjectives of what I think of her for her school project but I couldn’t think of any. At first Jared Padalecki comes to mind and ice cream. This may seem like I am a terrible friend but I think of Jared because we both get crazy obsessed about things I tell her about how Misha Collins renewed his vows in drag and she tells me Jared dressed his son up as yoda for Halloween. I think of ice cream because we know each other’s routine so well and she is so comfortable in my house it is like her own so she does steal all our ice cream.  She’s the kind of friend you go to when you need a shoulder to cry on or to be told it’s all going to be alright. When something seems like the end of the world or it is turning your world upside down she says alright and that she might not understand but she is always there and is reasurring and compasionate.  A month later another girl moved in one house away she didn't start of making me cry but she thought I was real weird. After a week of her moving in I showed up in the world’s puffiest magenta jacket welcoming her to the neighborhood. We have had a rough relationship but now it feels almost perfect. We do the strangest things around each other like I have caught her singing and dancing for her turtle (I know I only listed strange things she has done but my classmates read this not hers).  She’s actually the one who started calling me KattyKakes. It was one day this summer she comes on the family beach trip with us every year. She was sitting in the back of the car and I get in the front and I hear "was sup Katty Kakes?" I just start laughing and said what did you call me? She explained that was my name in her head but she had never said it out loud and it kind of stuck. Now ever adult at our church calls me katty kakes plus there was much debate on how it was spelled eventually we came up with this. She is like that though she is never afraid to walk up to a complete stranger and say you see that blonde girl call her this. I never worry about bringing her to meet new people because she almost immediately strikes up a conversation like they have been friends for years. She is possibly the strongest person I know and not she has been through a lot but because that’s her personality to go with the flow and knows that you can either fix the problem or deal with it. She can be stubborn and knows when things need to get done or she can spend an hour snap chatting instead of writing the five page report she has due the next morning. I need both these girls one lets me escape reality when I need it and the other helps me face it. Now the fourth member to our little gang is a little different. We’re not just a street filled of estrogen a whopping seven houses down lives a boy who has been here for as long as I have but I didn't meet him till seventh grade. What can I say seven houses is a long way when you’re a kid. He is my best bro and yes bro not brother or friend but bro. We even have bro night were we watch strictly action movies most of which containing Jason Statham and eat bacon burgers. Bro night also contains challenges usually containing food like can you fit this whole donut in your mouth or will you eat the mozzarella stick that fell on the floor. We once found some bungee cords and decided that if we hooked them up to his pick-up truck we could use the bed as a launch pad and tried to fling this stuffed bear. Eventually the bear ended up only four feet away and went straight into the pavement but it was a valiant effort. He’s my friend who is vulgar, indecisive, and frankly a stupid boy at times. He can be sweet and will help you out if you really need it. After I have had a terrible day where I have just given up on the fact I will never understand death and dying he'll look at me and say it’s okay to feel sad sometimes. I’m pretty sure he got this from a movie but it just makes the day better and the unbelievable become believable. So these are my strange neighbors, we walk into each other's homes steal each other’s food and crash on each other's couches. They are my unbelievable story the fact that somehow fate has brought us all to our little neighborhood where we all help each other survive the unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment